402 total views
This section contains photos and audio-video recordings related to the oral traditions of the Vanaw people, taken during a series of fieldworks in Kalinga and Baguio City from 2010-2019. Primarily intended for the consumption of those who belong to the tribe, especially teachers and students, all the narrations or audio recordings are generally made in the Vanaw language.
More video presentations will be uploaded as time permits.
The clickable links below bring you to specific pages where you can find video presentations of each story, along with a few information on each.
- Um-umag Mr. Barcelon Panabang. Backgrounder to the folklore collection of Prof. Michiyo Yoneno-Reyes, PhD, of the University of Tokyo which she recorded with local raconteur-bard Barcelon Panabang.
- Um-umag Ikit un Tinya kan Ulitog un Ilin. Vanaw folktales as told by Portia “Tinya” Saboy-Banganan and Brent “Ilin” Banganan of Balbalasang.
- Ti Bulan Ditoy Balbalasang — a poem by Prof. Junley Lorenzana Lazaga of the University of the Philippines Baguio as interpreted by Vanaw singer-composer Ceasar Brent Saboy Banganan.
- Voḻayang Kan Gawan: Nanlugyan Jin Vugis Ji Vanaw. Adolfo “Oppong” Bawanta of Talalang.
- Monroe Taclawan: Uggayam Chanter and More. Recordings made in Pinget, Baguio City.